A NOTE FROM OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
For nearly 40 years, The Joyce has been a meeting ground for artists and audiences to share the essence of the human experience: the pains, the joys, and the space between the two. In this moment, we reflect on how lucky we have been to do this together, nearly uninterrupted, for so long.
That said, as this current crisis unfolds, the safety and well-being of the community is our first priority. In accordance with Governor Cuomo's decision to limit gatherings, we have cancelled performances as detailed below. As this situation evolves, you can plan to visit this page for updates as information becomes available.
Dance as an art form has long celebrated the power and resilience of the moving body. During these unprecedented and challenging times, we celebrate that spirit more than ever. We wish you health and strength, and when this is all over, we look forward to coming together again.
With warm wishes,
Currently, The Joyce has cancelled performances as of March 13 through May 17 including:
- Scottish Ballet (March 13 - 15 - CANCELLED)
- Lyon Opera Ballet (March 18 - 22 - CANCELLED)
- Malpaso Dance Company (March 24 - 29 - CANCELLED)
- Limón Dance Company (March 31 - April 5 - CANCELLED)
- Ballet Hispánico (April 7 - 19 - CANCELLED)
- Trisha Brown Dance Company (April 21 - 26 - CANCELLED)
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre (April 28 - May 3 - CANCELLED)
- Charlotte Ballet (May 5-10 - CANCELLED)
- Stephen Petronio Company (May 12-17 - CANCELLED)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE TICKETS
The Joyce is providing current ticket holders to the shows listed above with the following options:
- Donate your ticket/s to The Joyce (greatly appreciated at this time)
- Request a refund of your ticket purchase
If we don't hear from you by the opening performance of the company for which you have tickets, we will automatically refund your tickets. If you would like to make a donation to the company you were scheduled to see, please request a refund and visit the company's website to make your contribution.
Our Box Office phone lines are very busy at this time. For the best service, please use this survey we created to select your choice from the options above. We appreciate your patience in processing these requests.
HOW TO DONATE
We truly appreciate your investment in New York City’s rich arts and culture organizations. As a valued member of our Joyce family, you can understand the financial impact of these changes on our dance community at large. If you have tickets, we ask you to consider donating them via the survey link above. If you are able, please consider making a gift of any size that will provide crucial support during this unexpected period.